Teaching and Learning Sessions
My one-to-one teaching and learning sessions for primary age children are a great way to grow confidence, overcome barriers to learning, focus on areas of interest in greater depth or simply inspire an inquisitive mind. If you need help in supporting your child's learning and development then I can help you.
Sessions are available for Maths, English, Science and Foundation Subjects for children in Early Years to Year 6. I use a range of teaching strategies and learning aids, but most inportantly learning is fun, creative, and specifically designed to meet the needs of the learner based upon their interests. Parents are also welcome to participate so that the learning is a shared experience and can continue beyond the session.
I also provide group sessions for friends and siblings, homework support, preparation for moving from one year to the next, preparation for SATs and sessions for children being home educated.
Sessions are not dictated by term times and terms and conditions are flexible. For more details click here.
- Number - number and place value, addition and subtraction, multiplication and division, fractions, problem solving
- Ratio and proportion
- Measurement - length, mass, capacity/volume, time, money
- Geometry - 2D & 3D shape, position and direction
- Reading - word reading and comprehension
- Writing - composition, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, grammar, handwriting and presentation,
- Speaking and listening skills